The newly-hired Post-doctoral Researcher will be working in the laboratory of Dr. Tobias Engel testing new treatment strategies for epilepsy.
Specifically, the duties of the post are:
- Carrying out animal work in compliance with HPRA, EPA and RCSI Ethics policies and regulations.
- Analysis of brain tissue using different laboratory techniques (e.g., qPCR, immunostaining, Western blotting, FACS).
- To train postgraduate students.
- To publish research findings.
- To attend conferences and disseminate research.
• A recent PhD in a related area such as Neuroscience.
• Experience working with laboratory animals if possible.
Knowledge & Experience – (Essential):
• General lab experience; molecular biology and/or neuroscience research area would be an advantage.
• Familiarity with laboratory Health and Safety protocols and procedures.
• Strong organisation and project management skills to ensure tasks are delivered on time and within agreed parameters.
• Strong communication skills with a proven ability to liaise with various stakeholders across a number of different departments.
Skills & Competencies:
• Scientifically competent.
• Effective communications style – excellent English.
• Proficiency in Computer/Presentation skills.
• Ability to make decisions and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work on one’s own initiative as well as in a team environment.
Please apply online no later than 11.30pm on April 18th with your CV and Covering Letter. Job reference: 026192
Informal Enquiries can be directed to Dr Tobias Engel at email@example.com